So we went to the Cabin to bring in the New Year and It was Lots of Fun with some experiences I hope to never relive! We got a later start to the Cabin than I had hoped for and by the time we had made numerous stops and got the snowmobiles running to get into the cabin it was dusk.... Well Paige, Zaylee and I got on a snowmobile and headed towards the cabin. Well Paige was facing back words so the wind didn't hit her face and as I turned from the road into the cabins side road she panicked grabbed the handle bars and into a rod iron gate we went. My face cut and many bruises, Paiges head has a big goose egg, and Zaylee cut her lip. Well I couldn't get the snowmobile unstuck so we waited for the next group to find us... not to mention it was 1 degree or colder by then outside. Finally came Roy and my Dad they took Zaylee and left Paige and I at the gate. Well thirty min had gone by and they had not returned so I thought we will just walk it might take 15 min from where we were, well the snow was sooo deep and we kept sinking so we turned around and went back to the snowmobile. Another 20+ min had gone by and Paige was shaking from the cold and panicking. The cabin where we were had their lights on so I decided we are either going to try and walk again or go knock on that cabins door. Well my dad had gotten stuck and finally Roy had returned to save us! When I walked into the cabin it was a sight... The kids were screaming from the cold, Zaylee was still bleeding and Ian and Seth were trying to be helpful and had made the best watered down hot coco I had ever tasted! Well in the meantime no one at the cabin had their phone, so the ones left at the car were in panic mode as well, they had now been waiting an hour and a half plus. Rob had started to walk in and some other people stopped him and said they would come back in to give him a ride to find out what had happened to us.
Roy went and got Rob and between the two of them they got my snowmobile unstuck and the one my dad was on. They got the rest of the people into the cabin with all of the stuff and in the meantime Max's fingers got frostbite.
Lesson learned that if you are not to the cabin before dark... Don't go! Plus there is soooo much snow this year. I have never seen that much snow at the cabin before, they should not complain there will not be enough water this year.
Jori ended up taking Max to the ER the next day and he is Good! The kids played in the snow and we played lots of games and had lots of Food to bring in the New Year!
I took some pictures of the Kids at Midnight (which was a fight for me to even stay awake) and then just deleted them after I thought I had uploaded them. Well they were not uploaded so no pictures of Midnight!!!!
We made it out safely with no events! Here are some pics of the Cabin Fun while we were there! I have to admit I think I am ready to go to work tonight! I know once I get there I won't have that same feeling but the Holidays for 2010 are over and I only have a few more boxes to put back in storage!!!!
Roy went and got Rob and between the two of them they got my snowmobile unstuck and the one my dad was on. They got the rest of the people into the cabin with all of the stuff and in the meantime Max's fingers got frostbite.
Lesson learned that if you are not to the cabin before dark... Don't go! Plus there is soooo much snow this year. I have never seen that much snow at the cabin before, they should not complain there will not be enough water this year.
Jori ended up taking Max to the ER the next day and he is Good! The kids played in the snow and we played lots of games and had lots of Food to bring in the New Year!
I took some pictures of the Kids at Midnight (which was a fight for me to even stay awake) and then just deleted them after I thought I had uploaded them. Well they were not uploaded so no pictures of Midnight!!!!
We made it out safely with no events! Here are some pics of the Cabin Fun while we were there! I have to admit I think I am ready to go to work tonight! I know once I get there I won't have that same feeling but the Holidays for 2010 are over and I only have a few more boxes to put back in storage!!!!

This is the back of my leg from holding onto the snowmobile




2 comments:
Holy geeze dude! That is crazy! I'm so glad you guys made it out alive and everyone's ok! What a way to end the year!
Yikes, what an adventure. Your kids are so cute and getting so big. I can't believe it.
Post a Comment